Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Down Under Again... This time, Melbourne

Well, it has been about 7 months and I am back in Australia.  This time to Melbourne.  

The trip wasn't too bad by myself, I slept most of the time and on the way back I read an entire book, "Committed" by Elizabeth Gilbert which is the follow up book to "Eat, Pray, Love." If I didn't do this trip 7 months ago, I wouldn't have been as calm as I was.  When you know what to expect for traveling over 20 hours to get to a destination, it's not horrible if you do it again.  

Anyways, the purpose for this trip was to train additional consultants in Australia, New Zealand, and Indonesia followed by a workshop in Ballarat, which was about an hour and half to two hours away from Melbourne.  It was great meeting everyone I have been communicating with and to actually see a workshop done in Australia.  

I did have a bit of personal time.  On my rest day, I walked around Downtown Melbourne and went up their sky tower in the Eureka building, which gave awesome views of the city.  In Ballarat, our hotel was right down the street from Sovereign Hill where they have a light and sound show about miners back in the day because Ballarat was a huge mining town.  It was really cool and all the consultants went so we had a good time bonding and learning. 

However, after about 5 days or so, I was ready to come home.  It's such a far distance to be by yourself.  I really couldn't get home quick enough. Especially since I was missing Jay's birthday - but luckily I was coming home just a day after his bday.

No comments:

Post a Comment